Check Your Water!
Find out what’s in your water! Click, enter your zip code, and get a report your local water.
Shop Now For Products That Remove Contaminants
PLASTIC POLLUTION IS A BIG PROBLEM
- Every single second, 1,000 people open a bottle of water in the U.S.
- Each day, people in the U.S. throw away more than 60 million plastic water bottles, most of which end up in landfills or as litter in America’s streets, parks, and waterways.
- Americans throw away 35 billion empty water bottles a year. Of those, only 12 percent are recycled.
- Out of everything we put in our recycle bins at home, approximately 50% of it is never recycled.
- Every person in America drinks an average of more than 30 gallons of bottled water a year. That means it takes 90 gallons of water just for one person to drink bottled water.
- Although the U.S. comprises less than 5 percent of the world’s population, we consume more than 25 percent of natural resources and produce 30 percent of the trash and pollutants. Plastic constitutes 90 percent of all of the trash floating on the ocean’s surface – approximately 46,000 pieces of plastic per square mile.
- Each week, it takes 40,000 18-wheeler trucks on our roads just to deliver our bottled water.
- Americans drink more bottled water than milk or beer a year, and bottled water consumption increases by 10 percent each year.
Follow Go H2O
Questions? Comments? We’d love to hear from you. Send us a message!
Send Us An Email
1440 Newport Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80916